Monday, January 13, 2020

I would like to see Baton Rouge and Memphis in the Mello Yello Series Again

I doubt any of the NHRA Mello Yello Teams would be too thrilled with more weekends, but, I'd want to see Baton Rouge and Memphis in the Mello Yello Series again. I don't think in NHRA History, we have had a formal National Event Revival as opposed to an annual.

The Cajun Nationals started before the Southern Nationals and standing corrected, it was Seattle which is the closest thing to a revival. But, it is the fan bases, not just locally, who'd insist on a giant Hollywood Revival.

I know Mike Salinas has not raced New York and New Jersey, and I would like to see to another Mid Atlantic Carolinas Race Date. But, this is about Elvis at 1000 Feet, Monday Miracles and Winning for Scott Kalitta. It is also the off the wall, the spook of losing Ace for Good, Gwynn's Last Pass and WJ being upset he didn't defend Baton Rouge.

I am wanting to see NHRA Call Baton Rouge again as a National Event. This is not necessarily Popular Opinion, especially if the prior State Capital Dragway had the infamous Horse's Guardrails that nearly lidded Rick Mears at Sanair in 1984.

I would have said Sanair Revival after E-town was deleted, but, cooler heads prevailed in a 3rd Run of Richmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...