Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Different Names for the Soon to be Renamed Odessa Permian- Midland Legacy Rivalry

 I feel for different names for the soon to be renamed Odessa Permian-Midland Legacy Rivalry would be Old Habits and War Games. I find that both would be fitting for a nasty rivalry.

I do think Last Summer was the Last Straw for the Soon to be Renamed Midland Lee High School, even though the Confederate Imagery and Names where scrubbed years ago. It would be a rarity where you'd have a meaningful territorial rivalry that is actually played annually.

My standing would be the MOJO Black and White and that is more because of the Book, Movie, and My Elders History Collectively. I am not a Fan Boy and it would be dangerous to be one.

It is harder to smell the Roses if you are a Fan Boy and that is not easier. We are consumers, not appreciators and that is hard to get across. A big part of the Movie and the Book "Friday Night Lights" went through the Midland Lee Game and neither fan base likes to talk about either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...