Saturday, May 22, 2021

Tennessee State Starting College Ice Hockey is a Landmark!

 As much as I get tired of seeing Alabama-Huntsville be up for grabs every year, I am happy that Tennessee State University Tigers will start Varsity Ice Hockey. I do think as far as Mason Dixon Line Hockey, we wouldn't want Arizona State- Alabama Huntsville to be the only rivalry.

I would think it would be a push for most traditional or historic SEC or ACC Schools to start Varsity College Ice Hockey and it would expand the Recruiting Base for College Hockey. Even in programs that have Club Ice Hockey, there is a rivalry in who will come first to the NCAA Level.

The whole reason, or a large part of my reason of my donorship to Washington was to see if the Huskies would fill the Hockey West and make it easier for the Western United States to be an automatic bid, along with trying to get better Non-Conference Games for College Football.

The reality is, Tennessee State would start the HBCU Ice and I would like to see Atlanta restart NHL Hockey and use it to catalyze another Minneapolis. I am jumping around from the Original Purpose, but, that is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...