Sunday, May 30, 2021

Why not make Atlanta Hockey Work Again?

 I've never been to Atlanta in my almost 36 Years of My Life, almost, and Atlanta has had Professional Hockey be on a Main Stage a Combination of 24 Years with 3 Different Teams (Flames, Knights, and Thrashers). Nashville has kept "Their Show" for as long as Atlanta has kept Hockey Teams in Town and that is a problem.

Atlanta should be a Deep South Answer to Minneapolis as in being an Olympic Capital. There are people who identify and remark as Atlanta and they should have a right to an NHL or another Major Pro Hockey Club. And, with the last time with the Thrashers being grabbed for Winnipeg, the record books have been confused.

It would be taboo or sacrilege, but they should award 99 to the Captain of the Next Atlanta Pro Hockey Club. I don't know if it is a Bad Bar, but it never has been clubby or even elitist.

But, the NHL needs to explore expansion ASAP and not leave Atlanta, Quebec City, Hartford and Houston to be forgotten. I don't know if Houston would get the Aeros back sooner, but, I do think Milwaukee would be on the table if Houston got the Coyotes.

Commissioners Bettman, Daly and Fehr have been sloppy on their work and my regret with Seattle Expansion is they should have wooed a New Arena rather than keep something less acceptable than the Igloo. I am not a General Manager or Athletic Director, but, I feel mad we have not expanded our base.

If we don't expand our base, people will leave and I hate using the Prison Overcrowding Mentality, but, if people leave, they will slam subpoenas and grand juries left and right and left. No one asks you to throw everything, but if the words "Don't Be Shy" come around and you are shy, it should be that in private why you are shy.

We are not a Big Market and finding Hockey Support in my city is akin to pulling teeth at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...