Thursday, June 3, 2021

Flag to Flag Refocus

 We can't really escape how that Local Sponsorship doesn't necessarily have any real room in NASCAR Cup Series telecasts. I am thinking this is a long and hard discussion that is not getting any better or comfortable.

I would pin the tail on "It's The Economy, Stupid!" a la David Poole. But, in reality, that a Poolian Take would be too common and too familiar even without David Poole. I feel that we'd have to let Kaulig and Dale Earnhardt,Jr. into and back into the Cup Series respectively, and it seems as if the Rick Ware's and the Starcom's are not trying.

It betrays the sport that you'd post away a Fan Favorite Alumnus, especially if Cedar Rapids Jefferson Alumni run deep Nationally and Internationally. It didn't help Starcom that Quin Houff has run them off a cliff and it doesn't help in the iRacing that James Davison would wire the field and then complain bitterly about things on track.

I am still mad we didn't have Bristol Qualifying and I don't know if more racing is a resolution, but, I feel the look would have to be on the Charter System. I feel tired that we'd have another way of saying "Owner Points" and to be obvious, some of these guys are frankly, overextended.

What feels like is dragging is here's a Caution like it is applause. I don't know if a new Single Series Sponsor would be in time for next Season, but, I feel like I want to see true Flag to Flag Caution Free Racing. 

Even though the Cars are Stronger and Better, but, the Jack will be Out of the Box with nothing is helping the back of the field and certainly, the times we'd have qualifying are ho-hum or worse, did not go far enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...