Sunday, July 11, 2021

Why Not Have Atlanta as the Indy Car Season Finale?

 I am one of the more ardent Atlanta Motor Speedway Fans, especially when it could have easily suffered the same fate as Chicagoland and Kentucky. I feel why not have Atlanta as the Indy Car Season Finale, only to have a decent market to have a Championship Race.

I would base it on my formative years, when the Winston Cup Championship was in Atlanta. I'd think that we'd need more Ovals in the Indy Car Series, especially when we have gotten into a Bad Habit of Aping Formula One.

I'd think my biggest venues they'd need to get or get back is Atlanta, Charlotte, Darlington and Richmond. The reason I'd want Atlanta because Atlanta is a Major Sports Market and I don't think that Atlanta has the same support for some of these Lesser Sports than some of their Southern Peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...