Wednesday, April 1, 2020

There are 257 Division I Football Programs in 90 Days...

...And, no, that is not a Late April Fool's Joke. I feel if we had to not have a College Football Season, heaven forbid, I have personally counted that there are 257 Division I Football Members. I am not just pulling it out just to be fun or funny.

I feel that if push came to shove, I would recommend 13 More Programs that don't currently have Division I College Football that are Division I Members to round the number to 270. If it where 270, it would be 30 9 Team Districts that would be made to make the playoffs.

I care, and at times, care too hard about the College Football Playoffs Future. Too hard to the point of discomfort at times and I feel if anything, it would be a genesis to consolidating the Existing Division I Football Structure rather than breaking it.

A lot of these prior runs, the 26 New Members from 1995-2007 and the 11 from 2011 have not enjoyed the same donor or fan relationships since joining Division I and there has been balloons where I'd want to see a Wichita State or Marquette restart College Football, but, there has not always been support from the right people.

I'd always wished there'd be another Miami to Milwaukee Pipeline, but, there has not been the success in that. I feel there can't be fakes or anything of that nature. I'd feel from the earlier Star Crunch in all of this, if VCU won the Final Four in 2011, if that infusion of cash and not just from an upset run would have started new programs in Richmond rather than resettling into a brutal drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...