Sunday, April 12, 2020

I feel like the Recency Fatigue is Too Much

I feel like, especially in Sim Racing, and current racing, and in general, I feel the recency fatigue is too much. I would have risked a real mismatch penalty running a Wide Track Miller Genuine Draft Pontiac Grand Prix, or an STP 43 Dodge Avenger or even the latter era Tide Ride being a Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

I wouldn't have looked at Racing History with the most rose colored lenses, but, I feel like we don't have a lot of things to hang our hat at. Or, even if Cool Cars and Cool Paint where privileges, like they where in the 1990's, I would have split the Camaro Grill into a Firebird Grill.

I feel like they should at least let a Trans Am Era Fabolous Fox Mustang pass in Cup or Busch for a change of venue. A change of venue would be an oft-repeated phrase of mine to voice my discontent or dissatisfaction, namely out of anger.

It would be like iRacing, except, we would have more quality cars and drivers. And, not just that, more careers to boot, too. And, more fan following too.

The recency fatigue is an awful habit.  I would not want to just do Classic Radio just to do Classic Radio, but, I am aware that the tug against Popular Culture has not let it take room to grow and develop.

I would feel as if they let us do such a Series, I would be the first to know. It would be a Truer ARCA or a NASCAR Sportsman Series again, which they have long since abandoned years ago. Just because bragging is culture doesn't make it okay and I would have still hated NSYNC, but, I would have felt better with the 2 or 3 Albums Extra rather than JRT jumping out when we knew the truth years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...