Saturday, December 21, 2019

Is "Garfield"s Paper Comic Archive Sales a Slippery Slope?

I hate to say it for art reasons, but, Garfield's Paper Comic Strip Archive being sold is a Slippery Slope. I'd feel like what deterred Jim Davis from paper sketching "Garfield" was his own health issues, and that caused the too brief "Garfield Without Garfield".

If mass collections are being sold to private hands, it causes a Slippery Slope. I'd feel it should be a, or better than a, THE Centerpiece of any Art Museum, if not one in his Indianapolis Home Turf. I don't think there is an exit plan in tidy order, but, I am thinking it is closer to rival Charles Schultz's Exit Strategy with "Peanuts".

Quality Art is hard to find. I don't think they thought through revivals and for as much Entertainment we have had, sadly, not a lot of it is quality and would we have Milestones just to delay the inevitable at a later time and place?

There'd be nothing gained if Garfield's Archives cycled in and out of people's ownership like it was a Blue Moon. I know there would be art, but, it would help a lot more people if it was in Hard Copy Form.

This is not the Name Your Own Price Wild West Priceline, because we would not be getting our hard earned money from it. I don't necessarily mean the Fan Art, which that is a different monster on its own, but, I'd want to get on my all 25 in a few years, which would be tough, all 30 would be milder and all 50, this would be by far the Worst Year and You'd have to be tailored to have this year fit like a Glove.

The Charlie Brown and Peanuts Gang licensing is tied to the Twin Cities, which is Charles Schultz's Home Turf and I don't know if the omnipresent Birthday Joke will be there when Garfield turns 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...