Friday, December 20, 2019

What if South Carolina Made the Cotton Bowl?

I'd feel in The Hidden Simpsons Reference that Mike Bobo's Arrival in Columbia inspired my Rose Bowl or Rosebud Quip like I was Kent Brockman, but, South Carolina has never played a Texas Bowl, and that includes the Cotton Bowl.

If South Carolina went about playing in next years National Championship at AT and T Stadium and made their first ever trip to the Rose Bowl Stadium, it would not be a free for all. It would mean playing inspired Football and not laying up against Kentucky and Missouri.


Other than animating the fan base into the possibility of the Rose Bowl after their 2nd Ever Bowl Win, and denying Ole Miss their chance of the Rose Bowl 8 Years Later, I'd think something they'd otherwise have nothing to do with would be a free spirited opportunity in the Palmetto State.

And, before 2001, being Extra with one of Bo Schembeckler's Few Michigan Rose Bowl Successes only made the Black Magic angrier and more careless than Stevie Nicks. Even though I have dedicated posts about why the Cotton Bowl Stadium should be demolished, but, South Carolina couldn't afford to be winless again.

I'd know in hindsight, I'd be critical of the Mike Bobo Hire from Colorado State and Colorado State having a less believable Head Football Coach, but, I doubt everyone got The Simpsons Reference that was tied to "Rosebud".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...