Friday, January 3, 2020

Why Not the Canadiens vs. Wild at Target Field?

Since we have no Atlanta Team currently in the NHL, and it would be a time warp to see an Atlanta Flames vs. Minnesota North Stars Throwback Game like the 1970s, but, I would feel like wanting to see the marquee be the Montreal Canadiens vs. Minnesota Wild for reasons.

Namely, those reasons being as a Sports Fan, I'd get a kick out of a Canadiens vs. Wild Stanley Cup Finals where the Wild would win on Minnesota Ice. I would feel that the Canadiens do not get in Heavy Rotation in the Winter Classic, and it would be different to see a Non-Original 6 Non-Conference at the time of the Game be part and parcel of the Winter Classic.

In 364 Days, I would state a Canadiens vs. Wild Winter Classic would draw the most people in North America. I know that I roasted the crap out of the Dallas Winter Classic because of the fear of having to be accountable for any Weather Delays. I would say the 2020 Winter Classic would be the Pig Sty Classic because of the Claustrophobic State Fair of Texas Grounds and with the Michigan Stadium Winter Classic (2014), you could have gotten away with a Field Bowl of Seats and that would have doubled the attendance.

In honesty, the Penguins would only be bankable if Sidney Crosby is there. There still is a bad taste in the mouth of other Fan Bases regarding the Bruins enabling of "Gloria" and I would have kicked a Rangers Yankee Stadium Winter Classic had it came available,

I don't want to be critical just to be critical, but, there has been no West of Texas Winter Classics, No Canadian Winter Classics and I certainly do not want to see a Domed Classic before those two came about, and especially if we have not had a true West of the Mississippi Winter Classic.

Montreal would bring a lot more Worldwide Clout to the Classic, and Toronto having to be part of the Classic again would be a Coup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...