Sunday, May 10, 2020

They should build a Replacement North Wilkesboro

You'd swear up and down this was North Wilkesboro Weekend instead of Martinsville Weekend. I feel instead of just having to crank up the juice on the Old House, I'd have a better way to return Stock Car Racing and Short Track Racing's Roots.

I would feel a replacement should be both North Wilkesboro and Bowman Gray Consolidated. Bowman Gray would serve no purpose for a lot of the Bigger Cars and North Wilkesboro would hit like a ton of bricks because it is a Concrete Wall. I don't think just doing everything for it to fall to pieces again is not feasible.

What is feasible, is wanting to replicate Griffdawg's Summer Showdown North Wilkesboro. I would like seeing such a venue pop up and every series would be trying to book North Wilkesboro again.

I'd feel like it would have to be a Phoenix, a true Expansion, not another Money Pit or waste of energy. To be fair, I always want to go high, when the mood is go low. I feel instead, we do not have a true Late Model Series, and a revived North Wilkesboro would be the rebirth of Weekly Racing.

I don't say rebirth lightly, and I'd want to see a Double Sponsor for both the Cup Division and the All American Series. People would have gotten the willies about having to paint the walls Black and White like the MOJO Panther, and that wouldn't have traveled as far or long.

We've had our chances with the Old House, and it didn't even make a Season or a Calendar Year. We'd have a habit of throwing money at the same problems and I feel we are ripe for new venues and answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...