Saturday, May 16, 2020

Blog #1976: Is the Honda Indy Toronto done for?

I can't help but wonder is the Honda Indy Toronto done for? I feel like for as much as it was dead in the water before through no fault of its own (Indy Racing League acquiring CART for Office Space), that this time, the wading through the Drunken Narcolepsy would be different.

I don't know if the Honda Indy would be on a 3rd Run, which I strongly doubt and I would big doubt that St. Pete wants to be the Champion of the Street Circuits, which would be a far cry from Monaco, Trois Riveries and Long Beach. I would feel like this is more an issue of wanting to market better tracks, namely Super Speedways, in the Indy Car Scene and in the World Championship.

I feel like anyone in the Greater Toronto Area would not be happy with the Indy being run course and mind you, they've had the Strike Hex just to get back to the Major League Baseball Playoffs. These emotions seem to run between angry and apathetic and back again, as we would not have sports.

I would feel like on Victoria Day Weekend in Canada, I feel that it is not real life the NHL or the NBA has made a decision on restarting the season and I feel, sadly, that the window would have closed without realizing it. We currently do not have the quest for 763 Home Runs yet, and that would be empty advertising and hype, and I would feel rot to notice that it would take some time to let the Street Circuit Championship to develop again.

This is not automatic and we aren't married to the same places like before, but, I'd have no real expectations of the Indy returning to Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...