Saturday, May 16, 2020

2020 National Championship of College Football Independents Conference

I feel like this both a Preseason Pick and an Informative Post, which I would intend to do both and I would keep on trucking until the College Football Poll comes out. I do not have a strategy for slating key games, Bonus Games included, so stay tuned on that. I made no secret Wednesday I will be adding Programs that don't otherwise have programs into the mix and for the Independents, here is the additions:

Because of Army: Navy Midshipmen

In analog, they are American Athletic Conference Members, and I cannot stand Army-Navy being a Non-Conference Game, or the Commander in Chief being wholly Non Conference, which would snarl Chicago Traffic even for a period that it is snarled already as is. And, every discussion around College Football History should start around the Army-Navy Game.

Write In Programs:

Long Beach State 49ers

Long Beach State has not had a Program Since 1991 and that has not stopped their Previous Home Stadium from hosting one of the Greatest Billed and Played High School Football Games a decade later. I'd love to add Long Beach State because on the Olympic Sports Fields, their Love Hate Relationship has the same no middle ground as Bigger Schools and they where in the process of earning the Dirtbags Name before the Virus Hit on the Diamond.

Pacific Tigers

This is the 2nd of 4 Ghost Programs I am working hard to reinstate in the Independent Conference. I feel like if we had to restart Pacific Tigers Football, we would need a lot of things including a New Stadium and an interested Historian. San Francisco 49ers had their Training Camp on Pacific Grounds and the Rolling Stones had the Biggest Concert in Campus History.

Gonzaga Zags

I would feel Gonzaga would be the current beneath BYU and Boise State's interest in Conference Realignment. I do feel just having a South Central and a South Atlantic Conference Willy- Nilly does not add anything other than getting our annuals in house and Houston wanting their Schools and there should not be any reason New Mexico and New Mexico State shouldn't have their games in House, either.

UT Arlington Mavericks

UT Arlington has not had a Football Program since 1985, and if we had an Arlington Mavericks Football Program, having the Ballpark be the Facility would have to make its construction bond early on. I would feel any Conference Realignment would help Texas-Arlington restart College Football again or much sooner than they would have otherwise.

Actual Movements Into Independent Football:

UConn Huskies

Certainly not thrilled with UConn rejoining the Big East, where among other things, they'd play Creighton for the 1st Time ever, and UConn even made both the Playoffs in 1998 (To the chagrin of Northern Iowa) and the Fiesta Bowl in 2010 and they have had worse ticket and community support than Yale, who doesn't have Modern Facilities and doesn't have Playoff Eligibility

West Division
1 New Mexico State     I have thought highly of New Mexico State because 2017

2 BYU                         I feel BYU should be taken into account for having Utah be at Provo biannually for the Last Game like it would be in Salt Lake City

3 Gonzaga                 Analog Gonzaga would have taken a shot in the dark given this year and their Phoenix would be a Historic Rise

4. UT Arlington      This would be their 1st Team Since 1985

5 Long Beach State This would be their 1st Team Since 1991

6 Pacific                  This would be their 1st Team Since 1995

I don't know which World I would live in, but 4-5 Built In Wins for New Mexico State would be more than even that of Texas and most Seasons.

East Division

1 UMass               UMass is my Preseason Division IA Favorite after Northern Iowa is my Preseason Division IAA Favorite

2 Notre Dame      I am thinking Notre Dame's Big Ten Membership would be tied to either Marquette or DePaul being a 12th with some significant reapportionment.

3 UConn           I am ranking UConn higher because of Commander in Chief and Liberty

4 Army               I would rank the Black Knights higher, but Bad Leadership

5 Navy                See Above

6 Liberty           I feel they would be a product of bad leadership


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...