Friday, May 8, 2020

Friends and How it ended vs. Smackdown

WWE Smackdown!'s Ratings have always been a cry for help and Raw is War has always mostly been Simpsons Ratings or Higher. I would feel like since I'd stand on my High Horse in principle and not just ape Pop Culture, but, how those battles prolonged Friends.

The first year Smackdown was in business, they where pulling in better ratings than Friends and that would have been the first end of the series, knowing the All Star List of Series that called it a day and then some at the time. I am not just saying it because it wouldn't just be another near "We Lost Rick Mears!" Freakout until it was not so and it took the longest time to calm a raw cultural nerve.

Then in 2001, Smackdown! won the WWE its lone Season Championship, in spite of having to back channel results and shows, and that took a Season Championship away from Friends. I would have been happier it ending there for reasons.

But, no, the massive contract and the insistence to win the Ratings where the dynamite of the Rachel's Baby Season (Season 8). I would have felt better without having to tow diversity (Aisha Tyler) or deprive a Final Full Season.

Trust me, these are not new arguments and Rachel Green is more protected than Bugs Bunny. I doubt a Friends and Looney Tunes mash-up would work, but a 30 Year Old Harry Potter Cast and a 50 Year Old Gang of 6 would. I don't know if rehashing 2 Franchises just to put on a White Whale to get people out of the house would be worth it, but, you don't start with a White Whale.

What I would say is this is not the togetherness I'd wanted. I would still have insisted on a Final Season at least being 25 Episodes, which would have been too much to ask for, and today, we'd only be together because Natural Disasters, Babies, and No Other Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...