Saturday, May 23, 2020

Yup, I am still deflated about the Indianapolis 500's Move

I feel with the one event I would know everything to a cadence, the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, the Indianapolis 500's Postponement has me rightfully deflated, even now. It has me rightfully deflated, even though it would not be socially acceptable to just go 10 Million People off the top.

There would have been no way the Speedrome would have pulled Open Wheel this year and there would have been no way the Night Before the 500 Restart would have happened otherwise. And, even with the fact the NHRA is pushed into Summer, there would have been 0 Way that we would have tried to replace the Indianapolis 500 Time with the Gatornationals or Modified Racing and People would have stood for it.

Other than for reasons, having USAC in Tulsa and not within reach of the Indianapolis Area is something I still can't take aback to honestly. This is not about having fun to make fun, but, it is truthfully hard and I wouldn't even dare consider the Indiana to Oklahoma flip as much as the other way around.

I feel like we have made time machines, but, more appropriately, we would have made Hype Machines and that is a problem. And, the Indy Car Series and Knoxville's Season would start in earnest the same night.

I feel like we'd need to be on a necessary bus, especially if we don't want another Speed to get wrecked again. Especially when Business Decisions matter to people more than people realize.

I don't even want to get going about it, because it is hard to just turn around things on a dime. Especially when the track record for race day would be crushed by 83 Days, which is not good and I don't see the 237/241 Split get written off this year, because I would not want another write off for nothing.

To be fair, I would be genuinely conflicted and even now, it is difficult to type this post without having to feel conflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...